You wanna talk soup today? Turn the heat up, throw on your zebra print “forever lazy” and let’s talk Hungarian Vegetable Soup…with Kielbasa.
MmMmM Kielbasa! I eat so much kielbasa that I think my body is at an even more health risk if I don’t eat it. I guess it would be like playing, “Game of Thrones” in your backyard and your friend, dressed as The Night King, threw a giant spear through your chest. Your first reaction is to rip it out because a spear shouldn’t be in there but once you take it out, you’re all done. You bleed out and die. That’s where I am with Kielbasa. I take it out of my diet, game over.
Make this soup and you’re all set to hibernate for the rest of the weekend and watch reruns of “Strange Addiction” on A&E. This soup will be a perfectly normal addiction. Do you think the woman eating the couch cushions reads this and is like, ”eww I don’t eat pork. I’m gonna chop up this sweet couch I got from Ikea last week and put it in there instead? Who knows.
Alright, good talk. Thank you for joining us and I hope you get a chance to make this soup. Your future belly would not be disappointed.
Paprika paste was really hard to find in the northeast. If not available just omit. For a thick stewy stoup use only the 4 cups of beef broth. If more of a brothy soup is what you desire, add 2 more cups of beef broth. Check your salt if using Vegeta and paprika paste. Those run salty. The Paprika really cooks down and thickens this soup nicely. It’s magic.
* 1 Kielbasa link
* 2 slice bacon
* Vegetable oil
* 4-5 Creamer Potatoes
* 2 Carrot
* 1 Red pepper
* 1 white onion
* 1 celery stalk finely minced
* 1 parsnip (optional)
* 2 Minced Roasted Peppers.
* 2 tablespoon Sweet paprika
* ½ tablespoon Smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon paprika paste (Up the sweet paprika to 3 tablespoons and use 1 tablespoon tomato paste if not using)
* 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon Vegeta (if using)
* 2 garlic bulbs (minced)
* 4 cups Beef broth (add 2 more if a brothier soup is your like)
* 1 Bouquet garnie (2 bay leaf 6 sprigs of parsley 5 peppercorns 2 garlic bulbs)
* White beans if you’re into that.
* Finish with:
* 1 teaspoon white vinegar and chopped parsley
* Sour cream
* Always Salt and pepper with each addition to pot and after tasting finished soup if needed.
1. Dice potatoes, carrot, red peppers, onion to a desired size for your soup. Set aside.
2. Finely mince roasted peppers celery and parsnips. Blend in any type of blender or ninja if you want. (you want this to melt into soup not bite in to.) Add to diced veg.
3. Place pot with heavy bottom on burner and turn to medium high. Add bacon until it releases some fat then add Diced Kielbasa. Cook until lightly browned. Take basa out and set aside.
4. Add vegetables (and vegetable oil if needed) Cook until slightly soft. 8-10 minutes.
5. Turn burner to medium and Add paprika’s, cumin, vegeta, and paprika paste (or Tomato paste.) Cook until fragrant. 30 seconds to minute. Add garlic and continue stirring, 1 minute. Add a little beef broth and really scrape the bottom of the pan to get up all that flavor. Add rest of broth.
6. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Medium low. add bouquet garni. Cook uncovered for an hour to half (or until broth is at a desired consistency.)
7. Add Kielbasa to heat through. Take out bouquet garni.
8. Add vinegar and parsly.
9. Sour cream on side (if using)